- Removing dead/unused code
- 2011/04: Removing @Deprecated/@Obsolete classes and methods (50% complete)
- Code refactoring and clean up -> better API (50% complete)
- 2011/05: Migration to Java 7 and NetBeans IDE 7
- Application startup optimizations (50% complete)
- New features and improvements, etc.
- Public testing (v4.0 Beta 1, Beta 2...)
- API stabilization (binary and runtime compatibility)
- Bug fixes, regression fixes
- 2011/07: Plugin updates
- No new major features (feature freeze)
- 2011/08: Final v4.0 release
Monday, April 18, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
This is the second public alpha build. It contains some new features, improvements (and bugs ;).
- Download the portable .zip version
- Run ./run-portable.sh or run-portable - this will launch Makagiga in a new profile. You can still use the existing default profile (./run.sh) but it's not recommended yet.
- Any existing RSS Archive will be converted to the new optimized/smaller format. The old RSS Archive will be saved in "RSS Archive Backup (for Makagiga 3.x).zip" file, so you can downgrade back to Makagiga 3.x in case something goes wrong.
- All plugins designed for Makagiga 3.x are temporarily incompatible
- Background color in Notepad and Note widget may be displayed incorrectly
Some new features
Removed main menu -> View -> Tool Bars -> Status Bar option. The status bar is now hidden by default.
Categorized files and tasks in Tags menu:
Improved tabs header UI. Plugin Settings in a tab...
Source Code Changes
- Huge API clean up and refactoring - see PORTING.txt if you can't find the old stuff
- Removed tons of @Deprecated/unused code